Lawrence Law Office is dedicated to serving clients that have suffered injuries resulting from criminal conduct, negligence, and cases where there both forms of wrongdoing are present.
Tara’s experience in both criminal and civil cases enables her to better understand the complicated and often sensitive dynamics of cases where clients have suffered as a result of intentional criminal conduct, or wrongdoing as the result negligence.
The loss of a family member can be one of the most painful times in a person’s life. Family members are forced to deal with not only the emotional trauma of losing a loved one, but issues related to unpaid medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, and dealing with a variety of insurance company issues.
A wrongful death case refers to a death caused by the conduct of a wrongdoer. A wrongdoer’s conduct may take the form of intentional, reckless, or merely negligent conduct.
Wrongful death claims include:
- Criminal homicide
- Motor vehicle crashes caused by intoxicated drivers
- Motor vehicle crashes caused by negligent drivers
- Pedestrian and bicycling accidents
- Defective products or premises
- Medical malpractice
Family members of the deceased are entitled to receive compensation for the following:
- Pain and suffering prior to death
- Pain and suffering of family members
- Loss of companionship from a spouse or a partner
- Loss of parental support and guidance
- Loss of future earnings anticipated over the lifetime of the victim
- Reimbursement for medical expenses and other out-of pocket expenses, such as burial and funeral expenses